Thursday, November 15, 2007

Gettin Junkie




 

Now that I have my soldering iron and a few tools, I wanted to try something more artsy fartsy … lol I want it to be something weathered and rusty … something that is totally outside my comfort zone. But where do you find the junk! I tried the local building salvage and everything I found there was too big. The antique stores want to much so I turned to the thrift stores. The problem with them is that anything junky they throw out because they don’t think it will sell. So as I was digging through the good stuff and I came across this little candle holder …. and it hit me… I could take it apart and rust those leaves. Then I found one of those cheep vanity mirrors with the lacy metal edge. Well I am gonna take that apart and rust it too. I guess this is a good first step … to start looking at things just a little different.

3 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Your so right Inka to look at things differently it makes a huge difference.Cant wait to see what you come up with!!!
Jen

Linda SS said...

Can't wait to see the outcome! After all, you are the creative queen that came up with the most amazing jewelry out of typewriter keys. I've gotta admit that I do get a bit sentimental when I come here, I'm always reminded of the 3 old typewriters and 6 truckloads of other stuff from my basement that my hubby hauled to the dump when we down-sized a couple years ago:(

Kim Veldt said...

You sound like you're off to a great start! I'm a junk queen , love to cruise thrift stores for that kind of stuff but watch out - soon you'll have a whole lot of projects , pieces , components , and all will have 'potential' lol. Have fun!