Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snowballs and Santa Claws



I figured you all are tired of seeing all my soldered ornaments so I thought I would show you some other ornaments I have been doing. I have been making the snowball for a couple of years now. I make a few more each year. First I covered Styrofoam balls with air dry clay. Then stamped snowflakes into the soft clay. Then I cut the mouth into the ball with a knife and stuck on some balls of clay for the nose and eyes. Once dry, I sprayed them with spray glue and glittered them with translucent glitter and a few flakes of fake snow. The hangers were just glued on with E600 … I love that stuff!


Santa Claws
This was made with a pattern I designed. I used white card stock for the basic lantern. Then I stamped it with holly and sprayed it with spray glue and glittered it with translucent glitter (gotta sparkle for Christmas) then I used red stickels for the berries and glued on some holly leaf confetti for a little extra glitz. I then hung a little Santa dog inside :)


4 comments:

audrey h. said...

Those little snowballs are so darling. I love thier faces. The Santa Claws ornament is fabulous!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Great artwork, Inka...you have so many wonderful ideas...your home must look gorgeous at Christmas with all your creations.

Pattyjo said...

The snowmen are just adorable! I will have to try to make a pair for our tree. Those are just tooooooo cute!

Mieke said...

Love them!!!!