Monday, December 28, 2009

Upcycled Lighting :)

Ok ... so I had two of those ugly brass light fixtures we all hate in my studio... so I painted it black since most of the furniture in there is black. It was better than that shiny brass but I still hated them!
Then I cam across these vegetable baskets in the thrift shop and I thought they looked like they would fit over those ugly lights. So I brought them home, painted them black and stuck them up there. It was better but I still did not like them much. However I thought I could tie some ribbons on the wires, hang a few crystals here and there and maybe I would like them better.


Then it came to me... I had crystal garlands in my Christmas decorations! ... Now I love them! The room just sparkles when they are lit and I get to enjoy my crystal garlands year round :)



9 comments:

FILIGREE MOON said...

Super fun idea! Each step you took was so clever and the outcome is very pretty! ~ Angela

Sandy said...

This is gorgeous! What a great idea :o)

Rita A. said...

What a wonderful idea. I wonder if my hubby will let me do it in the kitchen.
Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia (Cindy) Powell said...

This is just too cool! :-D

Lynn Stevens said...

Inka you are just too clever for your own good! Wow, fantastic!

Laura Kay said...

great idea!! you are clever!

Barb said...

fabulous idea...and they must be beautiful when lit up!

nologic said...

Wow! I would love to see it all alight. I bet rainbows dance across the room. I agree with everyone else--you are clever!

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

wow, that looks so fantastic. What a great idea.
Dee
xx