Sunday, September 5, 2010

Steampunk Heaven


Yes ... I have died and gone to Steampunk Heaven! This is the first two ATC's I have made with my new stamps from Scroll Works When my daughter in law called me and told me that her new plate of steam punk stamps came in, I jumped in the car and headed right over. I think I am the first to get to stamp with them too! I had specially requested the new gear stamps and the men. I am so excited that she chose Jules Verne because he is one of my favorite authors! Of course my favorite ATC of the two features him. I call it... can you guess... "Collaborators"...lol. I made it so that it opens too and one of the little gears works as a latch to hold it closed. Below is both opened. Do click on it so you can also get a larger view of the stamps I used on the inside!


Detail Note:
I also wanted to point out the difference you can get with different papers. The ATC on the left is stamped on card stock so I got a really crisp image where as the one on the right is stamped on a page from a very old book. Same ink but it bled into the paper and created a more photographic look.



9 comments:

Crowing Moon said...

They are both awesome. They look great opened up :)

Lynn Stevens said...

WooHoo those are awesome Inka, Love how they open, Well done!

Sarah said...

Wow, you really rocked the steampunk. These are, yes, awesome!

Lorraine said...

like the way it opens very clever and love the colours..great stamps

Marlynn said...

I am sincerly impressed with these two creations and love how you opened them up! Really really like this and Jules is one of my favorite authors too.

joanne wardle said...

amazing how it opens up! very impressive. really interesting about the effect of the different paper, quite striking isn't it

Toni said...

Inka... these are awesome. I am currently in a ATC swap and was contemplating steampunk, and you have inspired me... I also checkout out Scroll works stamps... great price... Thnx for the info... ;)

Tolegranny said...

I love the steampunk. I just received my stamps, so I will be mounting them and will be playing soon. These are devine and very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Terry said...

Well I can see the word Awesome has been well used! These are incredible! Just love what you did with these!